Tuesday, July 31, 2012

SHOWCASE: Tina Glasneck author of THOU SHALL NOT


Image of Tina Glasneck

Tina resides with her family in central Virginia.
Having taken an interest in literature from an early age, Tina considers herself to be a lover of books and all things literary. Besides enjoying the culinary arts, Tina likes to spend time in nature, white water raft (when possible) and of course, travel.
Interesting facts about Tina:
While visiting the morgue at the age of 16, Tina found the smell to be worse than the actual sight of the deceased.
Having had a red birthday cake as a kid, the sight of red icing on birthday cakes, makes her cringe; it's a sure way for her not to take a piece of offered cake.
Tina enjoys anything creative; she paints abstract portraits and is a hobby photographer.
When Tina was younger, she used to swim with the fishes (a pond on a country lot in rural Ohio).

******************************************************************************

Book Description

 March 27, 2012
A SERIAL KILLER DEMANDS SATISFACTION FOR JUSTICE'S FAILURE

Bodies are piling up in Richmond, Virginia, mutilated, and tagged. A serial killer metes out justice to those that have escaped it, and Alexandria "Xandy" Caras is on the list. Two years have passed since the workplace massacre; six months since the day her charge of murder was dismissed.

When innocent “fan” letters become aggressive acts, Xandy finds herself seeking help from Police Captain Victor Hawthorne. He doesn’t believe in coincidences. Can he keep her safe when all signs point to her as being the killer’s ultimate target?
Only Xandy’s death can make it all stop, silencing the deranged killer who wants more than revenge, but true repentance.

******************************************************************************
Q&A
Q. What inspires your writing? 

A. I’ve been a storyteller since as far back as I can remember and what continues to inspire me is simply put, life. It’s sort of a cliché, but it is almost like putting on my superhero costume and observing the people and their mannerisms, inflection and the way they walk – be it a gentle sway or more of a trot. I’m intrigued and always wonder what their stories might be, and for a split second I let my imagination roam. 

Q. What is your favorite thing about being an author? 

A. To have an AHA-moment. Being able to dive into a new subject and discover a new world is the best job ever. How many people get a chance to ask the “what if” questions and come up with the craziest and off-the-wall answers to them? 

Q. What is the toughest part of being an author? 

A. The toughest part to being an author is vulnerability, and the opening oneself up to criticism. Not everyone is going to get or like what I write, but I know that it is part of the beast. Nonetheless, I know that criticism of my stories is not necessarily criticism of my person, and I try not to take anything too personally. The greatest thing I’ve learned is to be able to laugh at myself - polka dots and all. 

Q. If you could not be author, what would you do/be? 

A. I love law. Working in the legal field gives me such a creative high. I can only compare it to sky diving. No matter how many times you jump out of a plane, you can’t wait to do it again. It is the same with criminal law. I love my day job as a criminal paralegal; maybe that is why my writing is filled with crime. 

Q. What would the story of your life be entitled? 

A. No Ordinary Mind. My mother has often said that I have a strange mind, and seeing in print some of the things my mind has imaginatively orchestrated, I tend to believe her. 

Q. What is your favorite book of all time? 

A. I’m a voracious reader. Yet, my all-time favorite book is Velvet Promise by Jude Deveraux. Without that book, a hero that made me fall in love as an angst ridden teen; and, a heroine that made me wish for my own happy ending, I might never have learned that my life had worth and meaning. Even reading it as an adult, I can’t help but gush over Gavin Montgomery.

Q. Which character from ANY book are you most like? 

A. Sookie Stackhouse! No, not because of all the paranormal beings around me, but because there is always something going on with my life and those I care about. I do wish that some vampires would walk out of my closet though, and I’ve had my own witches, so I think Sookie is a great match. 

Q. What character from all of your book are you most like? 

A. I don’t’ believe that any of my characters truly reflect me, but I think I am more like my villain. He is very calculating about everything that he does. 

Q. What is your favorite season? 

A. Fall. Virginia is beautiful during autumn. When the leaves change, seeing their colorful demise reminds me that there is beauty in everything. 

Q. What inspired your book cover(s)? Or what is your favorite book cover and why? 

A. My book cover is reflective of some of the action in the book. The broken watch and the drops of blood depict the violent nature of the story; however, it is not horror, but suspense. 

Q. Tell me something funny that happened while on a book tour or while promoting your book. 

A. I can’t help but snicker when I think about this. It was a hot Saturday morning, the sun beamed downed and it wasn’t even 9:00 a.m. yet. While my mother was passing out cards, she approached an older gentleman. He turned the card over and started to read it, while she told him about me and my stand. “Your daughter’s a serial killer?” he asked. “I’ll buy her book if she’s a serial killer.” “No she’s not a serial killer,” my mother said. He then stomped away in a huff. 

Q. Are you working on something new? 

A. I’m currently working on the follow-up novel to THOU SHALL NOT, which is currently scheduled for release in December. 

Q. Anything you want to say to followers of this blog or those that are just stopping by? 

A. Thank you for allowing me to share with you and for spending your valuable time with me.

You can find out more about me, my writing and my book at www.tinaglasneck.com 

THOU SHALL NOT is available through Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Of course, if you’d like to connect with me, please follow me on Twitter: @TinaGlasneck and like my fan page on Facebook.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so please leave some! If you are a new follower and have a blog yourself please let me know so I can follow you back! Have a great day!

Emily, AKA Mrs. Mommy Booknerd

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...